TwoSix Moments: Hurry, Make This Update to Your Google Analytics!
Thanks to GDPR – there are some major changes coming to Google Analytics. Seriously, take the 5 minutes to update your Google Analytics data retention settings!
Why is it important to do this?
If you do not update your Google Analytics data retention settings, all of your data past 26 months will be automatically deleted as of May 25.
Here’s how you do it:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property you want to edit.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Tracking Info > Data Retention.
- User-data retention: select “Do not automatically expire”.
- Reset on new activity: turn the switch on or off.
Also – other features such as secondary dimensions and behavior flow will not function if you do not update your settings.
Watch the video below and/or read this article for more information on the changes!