“New Year, New Me” is a commonly used phrase as soon as the ball drops on a New Year. While it may be a “cheesy” way to view the new year, it’s a great opportunity to have a new outlook on life, establish resolutions, and hope to do better in the coming year. We’re here to encourage you to do the same, but with your social media profiles! Here are a few ways to spruce up your social media profiles so they’re set up to be successful in the coming year:
Here are a few ways to make sure your Instagram profile is looking spick and span in 2019:
- Update to a Business Profile if you haven’t yet!
- Make sure your profile image is your logo and it fits within the circle.
- Add information about your organization in your bio with emojis and your hashtag! Note: It’s a good idea to avoid industry terms. Instead, highlight your best attractions and why people visit.
- Make sure you add a (shortened) link to your bio for visitors’ use. Ideally, this link is related to your latest blog post.
Check out these examples:
Here’s a checklist of what you can do to spruce up your Twitter profile:
- Add information about your organization to your bio with emojis and your hashtag.
- Make sure you use the same profile image as Instagram.
- Update your cover photo on Twitter to a seasonal photo.
- Add your location, website, and even contact information to your bio for visitor use
Pin agreat tweet to the top of your profile. Not sure what to pin? Try something like your latest blog, or a big upcoming event!
Check out these examples of Twitter bios:
Here are 7 quick and easy ways to make sure your Facebook page is up-to-date:
- Is your profile image the same as it is on Twitter and Instagram? If not– change it so they are all the same!
- Update to Business Manager if you haven’t already.
- Update your cover photo seasonally.
- Edit your call to action button.
- Edit your about section and add a photo.
- Edit your left side menu & take out any unnecessary items.
- Make sure all of your info in your “About” section is accurate and up-to-date.
These are simple ways to get the most out of each of your social media profiles in the coming year. For more ways to stay updated on the best digital marketing practices in 2019, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and subscribe to our newsletter!