Facebook testing out new Business Page layout?
If some reports are to believed Facebook is experimenting with a new Business Page layout.
The changes will impact desktop and mobile views differently, but boil down to some small – but interesting alterations.
- Smaller profile pictures that are half the size of the current photos permitted
- Cover photos remain the same size
- Page tab links will be aligned left and moved underneath profile and cover images
- Like, Message and Share buttons will be moved under the cover photo to the right
- “View Page As” feature to give page managers the ability to see how visitors see things on the page
- Call-to-Action buttons are a bright blue and right underneath page tabs
Call-toAction button is much larger and stretches across the entire screen
- New sections for pages for “Shopping” and “Services” underneath the Like, Message and Share buttons
- Easier navigation through tabs giving each a corresponding tab – similar to photos and videos
There’s no word yet if Facebook is absolutely planning on adopting this new layout or when they may make a decision.
Keep Snaps around longer
A new change from Snapchat will allow you to (finally) save your favorite Snaps and Stories. Snapchat made the announcement this week citing a desire by some people to save some of their favorite Snaps to keep around (ah nostalgia!).
Users can also send Snaps from Memories to friends or post them to their Stories. The Memories feature is available when swiping up from the Camera. Memories are also available for search through the use of keywords.
This will, undoubtedly, be welcome news by some users but others are beginning to wonder if this is a fundamental change to the platform known and beloved for short and disappearing messages.
Memories are being rolled out over the next month, so if you don’t have the option available now just be patient!