Throughout the months of June and July 2018, TwoSix Digital developed and managed a digital co-op promotional campaign that featured a series of ads and videos that were places on multiple platforms highlighting the destination marketing organizations that make up the regional promotional agency – Indiana’s Cool North. The destination marketing organizations included:
The ads ran across the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and a Native Content Distribution Network.
Several highly-targeted ads types were utilized– with a variety of niche-based interests and lifestyles targeting that reflected the tourism product of each individual organization. These ads were used to help increase awareness of Indiana’s Cool North – the northern region of Indiana.
The program was divided into three components. The first was a sweepstakes to encourage consumers to opt-in via email address, content promotion and website traffic driving ads and native content promotion on multiple distribution networks.
The first step of the program was to develop a series of well-organized lading pages on Indiana’s Cool North website that represented each destination. The pages included elements like a promotional video and trip planner.
The ads were then segmented into two parts – the sweepstakes promotion and content promotion.
The content promotional ads were made of up of custom videos for each destination along with a link back to the landing. Two items to note on the ad flights that strategically played into future promotions were the audience building technics. Through the use of the Facebook pixel process, we leveraged video engagement to build custom and lookalike audiences for future promotion along with pixeling users who visited the Indiana’s Cool North website.
The campaign ran a full seven-week period and the ad expenses were shared between the seven participating CVBs and the Indiana Tourism Development Commission.
Opt-In Email Addresses
Click Through Rate
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Credit User-Generated Content July 9, 2020
- How To Leverage QR Codes for A Safer Restaurant Experience July 1, 2020
- On Our Radar | July 2020 June 24, 2020
- 5 Reasons To Use Pinterest To Promote Your Travel Destination June 18, 2020
- How to Distribute Your Reemerging Landing Page June 11, 2020
- How to Create Your Reemerging Website Landing Page June 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | June 2020 May 28, 2020
- 6 Best Practices for Email Subject Lines May 21, 2020
- Everything to Know About Facebook’s Creator Studio App May 14, 2020
- TwoSix Takes It On The Road May 7, 2020