For the 10th anniversary of Oakland Restaurant Week (ORW), TwoSix Digital and Visit Oakland worked together to develop a promotional ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram that ran from December 2019 through January 2020. The overall goals of the campaign were:
- Build awareness for Oakland Restaurant Week 2020
- Promote partnering restaurants
- Encourage visitation to Oakland from surrounding cities and towns
Specifically, the campaign aimed to encourage more visitation by broadening geographic targeting, and to increase the number of reservations made ahead of time in order to help local restaurants better prepare. These objectives were critical to achieving the overall goals of this campaign.
TwoSix Digital ran ads on Facebook/Instagram network, employing the latest technology and optimization methods in a multi-layered approach to allow each flight to build on the success of the previous. The aim was to take the customer through three stages – overall awareness of ORW, heightened interest in the cuisine and locations, and then conversion through booking a reservation.
The discovery process began by targeting previously successful foodie audiences built from a campaign that leveraged users across three ad platforms: Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest. The Bay and Sacramento areas were geographically targeted, with messaging that included a travel discount for those traveling for ORW via train. Finally, a contest was run in which consumers could email confirmation of their restaurant booking for a chance to win a $125 gift card for ORW.
Cost Per Click
Click Through Rate
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Create The Perfect IG Story October 14, 2020
- What Your New Subscriber Welcome Email Needs October 8, 2020
- How to Market Your Fall Colors September 30, 2020
- On Our Radar | October 2020 September 24, 2020
- How to Tell Your Destination’s Stories September 16, 2020
- 10 Underutilized Free Facebook Features September 10, 2020
- 6 Ways to Capitalize on Your TripAdvisor Profile September 3, 2020
- On Our Radar | September 2020 August 27, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
TwoSix on Tour
Tourism Virtual Conferences