For the 10th anniversary of Oakland Restaurant Week (ORW), TwoSix Digital and Visit Oakland worked together to develop a promotional ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram that ran from December 2019 through January 2020. The overall goals of the campaign were:
- Build awareness for Oakland Restaurant Week 2020
- Promote partnering restaurants
- Encourage visitation to Oakland from surrounding cities and towns
Specifically, the campaign aimed to encourage more visitation by broadening geographic targeting, and to increase the number of reservations made ahead of time in order to help local restaurants better prepare. These objectives were critical to achieving the overall goals of this campaign.
TwoSix Digital ran ads on Facebook/Instagram network, employing the latest technology and optimization methods in a multi-layered approach to allow each flight to build on the success of the previous. The aim was to take the customer through three stages – overall awareness of ORW, heightened interest in the cuisine and locations, and then conversion through booking a reservation.
The discovery process began by targeting previously successful foodie audiences built from a campaign that leveraged users across three ad platforms: Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest. The Bay and Sacramento areas were geographically targeted, with messaging that included a travel discount for those traveling for ORW via train. Finally, a contest was run in which consumers could email confirmation of their restaurant booking for a chance to win a $125 gift card for ORW.
Cost Per Click
Click Through Rate
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- On Our Radar Highlight – Inflation & Tourism: Trends to Think About July 5, 2022
- On Our Radar | July 2022 June 30, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: New Instagram Reel Features June 30, 2022
- On Our Radar Highlight – Guide to Maximizing Reels June 30, 2022
- 5 Things Every Great Instagram Photo Needs June 29, 2022
- How to Create Successful Video For Social Media June 29, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: Comments on Ads June 21, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: Utilizing Youtube Shorts June 14, 2022
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.
Sign up here!
TwoSix on Tour
August 29 – September 2 | Brian Matson will be presenting at the Texas Association of CVBs Annual Conference in South Padre Island, TX onTake Control: Social Media Tactics to Work Smarter, Not Harder and Leverage LinkedIn and Social Ads for Meetings, Groups, and Sports
September 25 – 27 | The TwoSix Digital Team will be attending the 2022 MACVB Annual Educational Conference in Mackinac Island, MI.