For the 10th anniversary of Oakland Restaurant Week (ORW), TwoSix Digital and Visit Oakland worked together to develop a promotional ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram that ran from December 2019 through January 2020. The overall goals of the campaign were:
- Build awareness for Oakland Restaurant Week 2020
- Promote partnering restaurants
- Encourage visitation to Oakland from surrounding cities and towns
Specifically, the campaign aimed to encourage more visitation by broadening geographic targeting, and to increase the number of reservations made ahead of time in order to help local restaurants better prepare. These objectives were critical to achieving the overall goals of this campaign.
TwoSix Digital ran ads on Facebook/Instagram network, employing the latest technology and optimization methods in a multi-layered approach to allow each flight to build on the success of the previous. The aim was to take the customer through three stages – overall awareness of ORW, heightened interest in the cuisine and locations, and then conversion through booking a reservation.
The discovery process began by targeting previously successful foodie audiences built from a campaign that leveraged users across three ad platforms: Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest. The Bay and Sacramento areas were geographically targeted, with messaging that included a travel discount for those traveling for ORW via train. Finally, a contest was run in which consumers could email confirmation of their restaurant booking for a chance to win a $125 gift card for ORW.
Cost Per Click
Click Through Rate
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Create Your Reemerging Website Landing Page June 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | June 2020 May 28, 2020
- 6 Best Practices for Email Subject Lines May 21, 2020
- Everything to Know About Facebook’s Creator Studio App May 14, 2020
- TwoSix Takes It On The Road May 7, 2020
- 10 Best Posts of National Travel & Tourism Week 2020 May 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | May 2020 April 29, 2020
- How to Content Cleanse April 23, 2020
- 4 Things To Do With Your Down-time April 16, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Trisha Hagadorn April 8, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.