For the 10th anniversary of Oakland Restaurant Week (ORW), TwoSix Digital and Visit Oakland worked together to develop a promotional ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram that ran from December 2019 through January 2020. The overall goals of the campaign were:
- Build awareness for Oakland Restaurant Week 2020
- Promote partnering restaurants
- Encourage visitation to Oakland from surrounding cities and towns
Specifically, the campaign aimed to encourage more visitation by broadening geographic targeting, and to increase the number of reservations made ahead of time in order to help local restaurants better prepare. These objectives were critical to achieving the overall goals of this campaign.
TwoSix Digital ran ads on Facebook/Instagram network, employing the latest technology and optimization methods in a multi-layered approach to allow each flight to build on the success of the previous. The aim was to take the customer through three stages – overall awareness of ORW, heightened interest in the cuisine and locations, and then conversion through booking a reservation.
The discovery process began by targeting previously successful foodie audiences built from a campaign that leveraged users across three ad platforms: Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest. The Bay and Sacramento areas were geographically targeted, with messaging that included a travel discount for those traveling for ORW via train. Finally, a contest was run in which consumers could email confirmation of their restaurant booking for a chance to win a $125 gift card for ORW.
Cost Per Click
Click Through Rate
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Spark New Blog Topic Ideas July 30, 2020
- On Our Radar | August 2020 July 23, 2020
- What Website Pixels You Need and How To Install Them July 15, 2020
- How to Credit User-Generated Content July 9, 2020
- How To Leverage QR Codes for A Safer Restaurant Experience July 1, 2020
- On Our Radar | July 2020 June 24, 2020
- 5 Reasons To Use Pinterest To Promote Your Travel Destination June 18, 2020
- How to Distribute Your Reemerging Landing Page June 11, 2020