In partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), TwoSix Digital developed and ran one of the first statewide tourism educational initiatives in the country in May, 2016.
This comprehensive program began with 5 regional seminars located throughout the state. These events brought together various elements of the tourism economy in the state of Michigan. CVBs, Chambers of Commerce, non-profits, small business and many other organizations attended these full-day events.
In addition to the regional workshops, DMO or Chamber of Commerce attendees were each also provided with a one hour coaching session. These allowed for specific, tactical questions relating to digital marketing efforts to be asked on a one-on-one basis.
These all-day sessions featured the most pertinent topics today in digital marketing. They were designed to help DMOs inspire, educate and collaborate with their local partners like never before in conjunction with the ongoing marketing efforts of Pure Michigan. This plan was designed to be a “rising tides lift all boats” approach to destination marketing.
TwoSix Digital made great efforts to ensure all attendees, regardless of experience, left with valuable takeaways and action items.
Attendees were encouraged to utilize an online self-assessment tool prior to the seminars to determine their “social media savviness” and gain an idea of how well they integrated best practices into their marketing efforts. This information also provided TwoSix Digital with a framework to build an entire day’s worth of content to cover.
We then crafted a number of sessions covering the following topics:
- Trends in social media
- Content development in social media
- Social media best practices by network
- Content marketing strategies
- Data and promotional distribution
- Exploring opportunities with the statewide tourism brand
To further enhance educational efforts, an online Learning Library was also created with useful articles, infographics and data that was available for attendees.
Total Statewide Attendees
Learning Library Pageviews
Check Out Our Blog!
- #TheGreatAmericanTakeOut March 31, 2020
- On Our Radar | April 2020 March 25, 2020
- A Tourism Digital Strategy In The Midst of a Pandemic March 21, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Scout Holaday March 11, 2020
- What’s the Scoop on the TwoSix Summit? March 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | March 2020 February 27, 2020
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger February 17, 2020
- What is the Future of TikTok and Tourism? February 12, 2020
- State Tourism Website Traffic Analysis | Q4 February 5, 2020
- Learn More About the TwoSix Summit 2020 January 31, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.