At the end of Q3 and through the beginning of Q4 in 2018, Shipshewana, Indiana/ LaGrange County Visitors Center and TwoSix Digital collaborated on a program to drive traffic to the organization’s website through a series of blog promotions on their Facebook and Instagram accounts. We begain the program by analyzing the DMO’s Google Analytics and third party search data to determine what topics would resonate best with the destination’s potential visitors. After recommending topics and strategically creating a content schedule, we conducted a paid promotional campaign using the Facebook ads network. The goal of the program was to increase website traffic, reach and build brand awareness of the product to potential travelers.
Each of the four separate blog topics were promoted in campaign flights that used uniquely tailored and heavily researched targeting tactics. Each flight targeting was built off the previous flight, steadily constructing a foundation of success that maximized the power of each dollar spent. Adjustments were made throughout the campaign with targeted GEO locations and interests, based on performances of the last ad flight.
The ad flights consisted of the following blog topics:
- Scenic Fall Drives Near Shipshewana
- 10 Ways to Unplug in Shipshewana
- How to Kick off Your Holiday Season in Shipshewana
- 10 Reasons to Visit Shipshewana in 2019
Cost Per Click
Total Page Views
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- #TheGreatAmericanTakeOut March 31, 2020
- On Our Radar | April 2020 March 25, 2020
- A Tourism Digital Strategy In The Midst of a Pandemic March 21, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Scout Holaday March 11, 2020
- What’s the Scoop on the TwoSix Summit? March 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | March 2020 February 27, 2020
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger February 17, 2020
- What is the Future of TikTok and Tourism? February 12, 2020
- State Tourism Website Traffic Analysis | Q4 February 5, 2020
- Learn More About the TwoSix Summit 2020 January 31, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.