At the end of Q3 and through the beginning of Q4 in 2018, Shipshewana, Indiana/ LaGrange County Visitors Center and TwoSix Digital collaborated on a program to drive traffic to the organization’s website through a series of blog promotions on their Facebook and Instagram accounts. We begain the program by analyzing the DMO’s Google Analytics and third party search data to determine what topics would resonate best with the destination’s potential visitors. After recommending topics and strategically creating a content schedule, we conducted a paid promotional campaign using the Facebook ads network. The goal of the program was to increase website traffic, reach and build brand awareness of the product to potential travelers.
Each of the four separate blog topics were promoted in campaign flights that used uniquely tailored and heavily researched targeting tactics. Each flight targeting was built off the previous flight, steadily constructing a foundation of success that maximized the power of each dollar spent. Adjustments were made throughout the campaign with targeted GEO locations and interests, based on performances of the last ad flight.
The ad flights consisted of the following blog topics:
- Scenic Fall Drives Near Shipshewana
- 10 Ways to Unplug in Shipshewana
- How to Kick off Your Holiday Season in Shipshewana
- 10 Reasons to Visit Shipshewana in 2019
Cost Per Click
Total Page Views
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- 5 Big Email Marketing Challenges, Solved October 21, 2021
- Why Website Speed Optimization is Important October 6, 2021
- On Our Radar | October 2021 October 5, 2021
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger September 30, 2021
- 6 Best CTA Practices in Social Media Marketing September 22, 2021
- Key Elements to a Successful Partner Newsletter September 16, 2021
- On Our Radar | September 2021 September 1, 2021
- How to Claim Your Business on Google August 31, 2021
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.