TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook enter-to-win promotion featuring the chance to win a wine-themed weekend getaway to Loudoun. The campaign consisted of two key messages:
- Win a Girlfriends Getaway to Loudoun
- Learn more about the girlfriend getaway experiences in Loudoun County
The campaign’s goal was to target relevant audiences to destination awareness and create consideration to experience a “girlfriend getaway.” Additionally, the campaign served as an opportunity to consolidate and optimize a vast amount of content on landing pages related to this niche experiences on the Visit Loudoun’s website along with growing the organization’s email marketing database. The result of this promotional effort helped position Loudoun as a desirable destination for a “girlfriend getaway.”
The goals included:
- To establish a new email marketing segment dedicated to online users interested in girlfriend getaway experiences
- Increase valuable marketing audiences based on website traffic, social media engagements and video views generated throughout the campaign
- Create optimized landing pages on the DMO website that supported the niche experience for long term search sustainability
The campaign consisted of six components and ran from May 18, 2018 to July 9, 2018
- An Enter-To-Win promotion featuring the chance to win a getaway to Loudoun for you and three of your best girlfriends. This component was featured on the Visit Loudoun website and served as a focal point for the campaign.
- A series of landing pages were developed on the Visit Loudoun website. These content pieces provided sustainable search content that would be represented on the search engines to produce long term value. Each piece of content was promoted and remarketed to users who engaged with the sweepstakes offer or had expressed interests in the campaign theme previously.
- Pinterest was a high value platform for this campaign based on the targeting of women. A series of pins were designed and deployed on the network featuring enticing information relating to getaway experiences.
- The Facebook advertising platform – which includes Instagram and the Audience Network – was also utilized. A staggered campaign schedule was created so that users could be targeted with a variety of fresh content throughout the campaign duration.
- Twitter advertising was used as well because of its ability to drive quality website traffic.
- A Native Content Distribution network was used to broaden the scope of the campaign throughout additional ad networks. The content distribution network can place Visit Loudoun’s best content on sites like Budget Travel, Frommers, Midwest Living, FoxNews, MSN Travel, & CNN Travel.
Per Click on Facebook Ads
Check Out Our Blog!
- On Our Radar Highlight – Inflation & Tourism: Trends to Think About July 5, 2022
- On Our Radar | July 2022 June 30, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: New Instagram Reel Features June 30, 2022
- On Our Radar Highlight – Guide to Maximizing Reels June 30, 2022
- 5 Things Every Great Instagram Photo Needs June 29, 2022
- How to Create Successful Video For Social Media June 29, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: Comments on Ads June 21, 2022
- Trending at TwoSix: Utilizing Youtube Shorts June 14, 2022
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.
Sign up here!
TwoSix on Tour
August 29 – September 2 | Brian Matson will be presenting at the Texas Association of CVBs Annual Conference in South Padre Island, TX onTake Control: Social Media Tactics to Work Smarter, Not Harder and Leverage LinkedIn and Social Ads for Meetings, Groups, and Sports
September 25 – 27 | The TwoSix Digital Team will be attending the 2022 MACVB Annual Educational Conference in Mackinac Island, MI.