TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook enter-to-win promotion featuring the chance to win a wine-themed weekend getaway to Loudoun. The campaign consisted of two key messages:
- Win a Girlfriends Getaway to Loudoun
- Learn more about the girlfriend getaway experiences in Loudoun County
The campaign’s goal was to target relevant audiences to destination awareness and create consideration to experience a “girlfriend getaway.” Additionally, the campaign served as an opportunity to consolidate and optimize a vast amount of content on landing pages related to this niche experiences on the Visit Loudoun’s website along with growing the organization’s email marketing database. The result of this promotional effort helped position Loudoun as a desirable destination for a “girlfriend getaway.”
The goals included:
- To establish a new email marketing segment dedicated to online users interested in girlfriend getaway experiences
- Increase valuable marketing audiences based on website traffic, social media engagements and video views generated throughout the campaign
- Create optimized landing pages on the DMO website that supported the niche experience for long term search sustainability
The campaign consisted of six components and ran from May 18, 2018 to July 9, 2018
- An Enter-To-Win promotion featuring the chance to win a getaway to Loudoun for you and three of your best girlfriends. This component was featured on the Visit Loudoun website and served as a focal point for the campaign.
- A series of landing pages were developed on the Visit Loudoun website. These content pieces provided sustainable search content that would be represented on the search engines to produce long term value. Each piece of content was promoted and remarketed to users who engaged with the sweepstakes offer or had expressed interests in the campaign theme previously.
- Pinterest was a high value platform for this campaign based on the targeting of women. A series of pins were designed and deployed on the network featuring enticing information relating to getaway experiences.
- The Facebook advertising platform – which includes Instagram and the Audience Network – was also utilized. A staggered campaign schedule was created so that users could be targeted with a variety of fresh content throughout the campaign duration.
- Twitter advertising was used as well because of its ability to drive quality website traffic.
- A Native Content Distribution network was used to broaden the scope of the campaign throughout additional ad networks. The content distribution network can place Visit Loudoun’s best content on sites like Budget Travel, Frommers, Midwest Living, FoxNews, MSN Travel, & CNN Travel.
Per Click on Facebook Ads
- More than 5,000 highly targeted users opted-in for future email communications from Loudoun County.
- Facebook website click ads averaged $0.35 per click coming in 49% below the $0.69 national average reported by Nanigans.
- Facebook click thru rate averaged 3.46%per click which surpassed the 1.80% average reported by Nanigans by more than 92%!
- The sweepstakes generated 21,119 clicks to the Visit Loudoun website where these users were “cookied” and added to future remarketing efforts.
- An additional 18,686 website clicks were generated to niche content on the website at just .32 cents per click on Facebook. These content pieces that included getaway ideas, itineraries and other related themes resonated strongly with audiences as seen with a 2.92% CTR on Facebook.
- Twitter Advertising for the campaign generated over 53,000 link clicks to the Visit Loudoun website. Clickthrough rates on Twitter were over 15% via a series of promoted tweets. The estimated cost per click was just five cents!
- The Pinterest advertising drove 4,312 clicks and over 30,000 engagements at an average cost of just .12 cents per engagement.
- The campaign generated over 100,000 website sessionsto the Visit Loudoun website.