TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook enter-to-win promotion featuring the chance to win a wine-themed weekend getaway to Loudoun. The campaign consisted of two key messages:
- Win a Girlfriends Getaway to Loudoun
- Learn more about the girlfriend getaway experiences in Loudoun County
The campaign’s goal was to target relevant audiences to destination awareness and create consideration to experience a “girlfriend getaway.” Additionally, the campaign served as an opportunity to consolidate and optimize a vast amount of content on landing pages related to this niche experiences on the Visit Loudoun’s website along with growing the organization’s email marketing database. The result of this promotional effort helped position Loudoun as a desirable destination for a “girlfriend getaway.”
The goals included:
- To establish a new email marketing segment dedicated to online users interested in girlfriend getaway experiences
- Increase valuable marketing audiences based on website traffic, social media engagements and video views generated throughout the campaign
- Create optimized landing pages on the DMO website that supported the niche experience for long term search sustainability
The campaign consisted of six components and ran from May 18, 2018 to July 9, 2018
- An Enter-To-Win promotion featuring the chance to win a getaway to Loudoun for you and three of your best girlfriends. This component was featured on the Visit Loudoun website and served as a focal point for the campaign.
- A series of landing pages were developed on the Visit Loudoun website. These content pieces provided sustainable search content that would be represented on the search engines to produce long term value. Each piece of content was promoted and remarketed to users who engaged with the sweepstakes offer or had expressed interests in the campaign theme previously.
- Pinterest was a high value platform for this campaign based on the targeting of women. A series of pins were designed and deployed on the network featuring enticing information relating to getaway experiences.
- The Facebook advertising platform – which includes Instagram and the Audience Network – was also utilized. A staggered campaign schedule was created so that users could be targeted with a variety of fresh content throughout the campaign duration.
- Twitter advertising was used as well because of its ability to drive quality website traffic.
- A Native Content Distribution network was used to broaden the scope of the campaign throughout additional ad networks. The content distribution network can place Visit Loudoun’s best content on sites like Budget Travel, Frommers, Midwest Living, FoxNews, MSN Travel, & CNN Travel.
Per Click on Facebook Ads
Check Out Our Blog!
- #TheGreatAmericanTakeOut March 31, 2020
- On Our Radar | April 2020 March 25, 2020
- A Tourism Digital Strategy In The Midst of a Pandemic March 21, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Scout Holaday March 11, 2020
- What’s the Scoop on the TwoSix Summit? March 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | March 2020 February 27, 2020
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger February 17, 2020
- What is the Future of TikTok and Tourism? February 12, 2020
- State Tourism Website Traffic Analysis | Q4 February 5, 2020
- Learn More About the TwoSix Summit 2020 January 31, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.