TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook enter-to-win promotion featuring the chance to win a wine-themed weekend getaway to Loudoun. The campaign consisted of two key messages:
- Win a Girlfriends Getaway to Loudoun
- Learn more about the girlfriend getaway experiences in Loudoun County
The campaign’s goal was to target relevant audiences to destination awareness and create consideration to experience a “girlfriend getaway.” Additionally, the campaign served as an opportunity to consolidate and optimize a vast amount of content on landing pages related to this niche experiences on the Visit Loudoun’s website along with growing the organization’s email marketing database. The result of this promotional effort helped position Loudoun as a desirable destination for a “girlfriend getaway.”
The goals included:
- To establish a new email marketing segment dedicated to online users interested in girlfriend getaway experiences
- Increase valuable marketing audiences based on website traffic, social media engagements and video views generated throughout the campaign
- Create optimized landing pages on the DMO website that supported the niche experience for long term search sustainability
The campaign consisted of six components and ran from May 18, 2018 to July 9, 2018
- An Enter-To-Win promotion featuring the chance to win a getaway to Loudoun for you and three of your best girlfriends. This component was featured on the Visit Loudoun website and served as a focal point for the campaign.
- A series of landing pages were developed on the Visit Loudoun website. These content pieces provided sustainable search content that would be represented on the search engines to produce long term value. Each piece of content was promoted and remarketed to users who engaged with the sweepstakes offer or had expressed interests in the campaign theme previously.
- Pinterest was a high value platform for this campaign based on the targeting of women. A series of pins were designed and deployed on the network featuring enticing information relating to getaway experiences.
- The Facebook advertising platform – which includes Instagram and the Audience Network – was also utilized. A staggered campaign schedule was created so that users could be targeted with a variety of fresh content throughout the campaign duration.
- Twitter advertising was used as well because of its ability to drive quality website traffic.
- A Native Content Distribution network was used to broaden the scope of the campaign throughout additional ad networks. The content distribution network can place Visit Loudoun’s best content on sites like Budget Travel, Frommers, Midwest Living, FoxNews, MSN Travel, & CNN Travel.
Per Click on Facebook Ads
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Find Great User-Generated Content July 20, 2021
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Ashley Maddix July 14, 2021
- 4 Ways to Enhance Your Community Management July 8, 2021
- On Our Radar | July 2021 July 1, 2021
- 5 Ways to Increase Visitor Usage of Your Hashtag June 24, 2021
- A Beginner’s Guide to UTM Codes June 17, 2021
- How and Why To Repurpose Evergreen Content June 10, 2021
- On Our Radar | June 2021 June 3, 2021
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.