Digital content just got more printable. The BookTok trend on TikTok is gaining popularity after TikTok announced a new partnership with Penguin Random House. Users can now tag books in their clips and if someone were to click on the link, they will be taken to a page with details including a summary and other videos from users that have linked to the same book, to get even more insight prior to picking up the book themselves. You can also save the book titles you’re interested in by saving to the favorites tab. In recent years, book sales have been up thanks to the app and with this new feature we can expect that trend to continue. This could also pose as an opportunity for destination organizations. Many places have printed works dedicated to facts or legends about the destination. BookTok may allow these books to be shared to gain interest about a potential travel destination. Further helping boost web traffic, foot traffic and potentially book sales.
Check out our new articles:
- On Our Radar Highlight – Pinterest Predicts is Here, Choo Choo! January 19, 2023
- On Our Radar Highlight – Yes, You Can Use ChatGPT For Destination Marketing January 19, 2023
- On Our Radar Highlight – TikTok to be Banned in America? Maybe? January 17, 2023
- Vertical Video Trends, Best Practices, and How To Get Started with TikTok, Reels, and YouTube Shorts January 11, 2023
- Why & How to Cleanse your Email List January 10, 2023