1. Reading Patterns
You probably don’t even know it, but right now you’re reading this in blog in a F-Shaped pattern. Research into patterns of reading on the web show that most users follow either the F-Shape or Marking patterns while on social media.
F-Shape is aptly named, as users eyes make a rough “F” while reading. Marking, which most often occurs on mobile, is when the reader keeps eye in one place as they scroll through the page.
Studies show 80% of social media time is spent on mobile, so marking takes place a great deal. In most cases, readers will likely read only the first line and the first few words on the left.
2. Time Per Post
3. Attention Spans
Contrary to popular belief, attention spans are not conclusively found to be shrinking, but rather, we find that they’re evolving.
Additionally, on average, American Adults spend 11+ hours per day consuming media, from gaming and television to radio and internet.
While attention spans aren’t shrinking, users are becoming more and more selective, so it’s harder than ever to capture attention through the onslaught of content.
4. Optimum Word Counts
With just a quick glance, it’s clear that the shorter the post, the higher the engagement rate. Based on media consumption, reading patterns, and reading stats, these numbers make intuitive sense.
Consequently, the data shows that users are now given to be interested only in social media featuring:
- Stories that can be absorbed in less than 2 seconds.
- Main points in the first line & on the left in as few characters as possible.
With so much in the mix, they can only ignore the other content, which is why good CTAs are absolutely crucial.
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Credit User-Generated Content July 9, 2020
- How To Leverage QR Codes for A Safer Restaurant Experience July 1, 2020
- On Our Radar | July 2020 June 24, 2020
- 5 Reasons To Use Pinterest To Promote Your Travel Destination June 18, 2020
- How to Distribute Your Reemerging Landing Page June 11, 2020
- How to Create Your Reemerging Website Landing Page June 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | June 2020 May 28, 2020
- 6 Best Practices for Email Subject Lines May 21, 2020
- Everything to Know About Facebook’s Creator Studio App May 14, 2020
- TwoSix Takes It On The Road May 7, 2020