TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook ad campaign in 2017 to drive traffic the most popular spring attraction in Traverse City: Cherry Blossoms. This ad campaign focused on the niche audience of viewing cherry blossoms in Traverse City.
Traverse City Tourism has a few different blog pages on its website regarding the cherry blossoms. Because of the interest generated by these pages, they result in quite a few consumer website visits annually. These pages could be reached via multiple avenues – organic search inquiry, paid per click ads via Google and Bing, and other third-party ad networks. Each time they visit the page, we learn more about their behavior through the pixel, if they are logged into Facebook at the time they visited the site.
We then built our audience via pixel data as Facebook allows you to create an audience of consumers who visited the specific URLs related to cherry blossoms. From there, we built a custom audience with those specific consumers who visited the pages within 180 days. Following this, we leveraged Facebook data to identify a much larger ‘lookalike audience’ and then to make our audience more specific, we targeted specific geographic areas.
The ads were set up with multiple images to reflect the cherry blossoms and the activities available at that time in the area. The ad was then programmed to run in five-day increments.
Click Through Rate
Link Clicks to Website Landing Page
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Find Great User-Generated Content July 20, 2021
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Ashley Maddix July 14, 2021
- 4 Ways to Enhance Your Community Management July 8, 2021
- On Our Radar | July 2021 July 1, 2021
- 5 Ways to Increase Visitor Usage of Your Hashtag June 24, 2021
- A Beginner’s Guide to UTM Codes June 17, 2021
- How and Why To Repurpose Evergreen Content June 10, 2021
- On Our Radar | June 2021 June 3, 2021
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.