TwoSix Digital developed and managed a Facebook ad campaign in 2017 to drive traffic the most popular spring attraction in Traverse City: Cherry Blossoms. This ad campaign focused on the niche audience of viewing cherry blossoms in Traverse City.
Traverse City Tourism has a few different blog pages on its website regarding the cherry blossoms. Because of the interest generated by these pages, they result in quite a few consumer website visits annually. These pages could be reached via multiple avenues – organic search inquiry, paid per click ads via Google and Bing, and other third-party ad networks. Each time they visit the page, we learn more about their behavior through the pixel, if they are logged into Facebook at the time they visited the site.
We then built our audience via pixel data as Facebook allows you to create an audience of consumers who visited the specific URLs related to cherry blossoms. From there, we built a custom audience with those specific consumers who visited the pages within 180 days. Following this, we leveraged Facebook data to identify a much larger ‘lookalike audience’ and then to make our audience more specific, we targeted specific geographic areas.
The ads were set up with multiple images to reflect the cherry blossoms and the activities available at that time in the area. The ad was then programmed to run in five-day increments.
Click Through Rate
Link Clicks to Website Landing Page
Check Out Our Blog!
- How to Credit User-Generated Content July 9, 2020
- How To Leverage QR Codes for A Safer Restaurant Experience July 1, 2020
- On Our Radar | July 2020 June 24, 2020
- 5 Reasons To Use Pinterest To Promote Your Travel Destination June 18, 2020
- How to Distribute Your Reemerging Landing Page June 11, 2020
- How to Create Your Reemerging Website Landing Page June 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | June 2020 May 28, 2020
- 6 Best Practices for Email Subject Lines May 21, 2020
- Everything to Know About Facebook’s Creator Studio App May 14, 2020
- TwoSix Takes It On The Road May 7, 2020