This campaign aimed to increase the e-newsletter subscriber database of Discover Puerto Rico with highly qualified consumers. The program was designed so that the subscriber data collected would be from users that value differentiating destination experiences, therefore allowing the leads to be properly segmented by Discover Puerto Rico in the future to deliver custom content.
Using Facebook’s Test & Learn tool, we determined whether lead generation from a Discover Puerto Rico landing page on its website or Facebook Lead Gen Ads were more effective. The ad type that was most effective would then be used for the subsequent ad flights.
To encourage discovery, after lead acquisition, the ads drove the specific targeted personas to relevant landing pages on the Discover Puerto Rico website.
The target audience was comprised of consumers with high value personas for Discover Puerto Rico: Active Adventurers, Beach Extremists, Foodies, and a combination of Arts & Culture Lovers, History Buffs, and Cultural Immersion Travelers.
To begin, the campaign targeted the aforementioned consumers in key DMA feeder markets that feature direct flights to the island of Puerto Rico along with being overlayed inot markets where Discover Puerto Rico had previously run TV ads. This allowed us to create a “mirror media” audience primed for lead acquisition.
As frequency crept to above 2.5 halfway through the campaign, we expanded targeting from strictly DMAs to also encompass the states where content has performed the best both paid and organically.
After extensively examining Discover Puerto Rico’s other digital marketing data and additional destination research, we were able to accurately target multilple high-value consumers for the campaign.
Cost per Lead
The campaign’s primary goal was to build the e-newsletter database of Discover Puerto Rico with highly qualified consumers. Its secondary goal was to drive engaged web traffic, and its third was to determine what type of campaign would be the most cost effective. Here were the results:
- We collected 20,673 leads at a cost of $1.30 per lead spending $26,773.49
- The campaign received 2,337,141 ad impressions
- Google Analytics was able to track 52,077 clicks to the Discover Puerto Rico website
- There were 117,446 total post engagements throughout the duration of the campaign
- The CTR was 2.23%, which was 239% above the Nanigans Q2 2019 global average for lead generation
- The campaign also recorded a CPM of $11.46 and a CPC of $0.51 which were 125.27% and 301.96% below the Nanigans Q2 2019 global average for lead generation, respectively
- Ad engagement overall was great with 1,230 saves, 1,327 comments, 354 post shares and 47,776 reactions
- The campaign achieved an average time on page of 01:36 and an average bounce rate of main landing pages of 65.30%
Share this entry
Check Out Our Blog!
- #TheGreatAmericanTakeOut March 31, 2020
- On Our Radar | April 2020 March 25, 2020
- A Tourism Digital Strategy In The Midst of a Pandemic March 21, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Scout Holaday March 11, 2020
- What’s the Scoop on the TwoSix Summit? March 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | March 2020 February 27, 2020
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger February 17, 2020
- What is the Future of TikTok and Tourism? February 12, 2020
- State Tourism Website Traffic Analysis | Q4 February 5, 2020
- Learn More About the TwoSix Summit 2020 January 31, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.