For the first time in the history of the organization, the Frankenmuth Convention and Visitor Bureau decided to adjust its marketing budget to highlight a shoulder season promotion to drive consumers to the town when additional business is needed in the months of March and April.
We developed a Spring Break themed campaign highlighting opportunities for those within a three-hour drive or less of Frankenmuth. The consumers targeted may not have the additional time or resources to travel a long distance for their spring break activities. The program featured one main comprehensive landing page, and additional content pages centered around indoor waterparks and pools at two of the destination’s anchor hotel properties, along with family-related activities that can be enjoyed during the springtime.
The campaign had several goals:
- Create overall awareness of Frankenmuth as a potential spring break location
- Website traffic to the main landing page and informational content/blog pages
- Travel guide requests
- Email acquisition for future communication through the organization’s monthlynewsletterThe campaign featured the following elements: Facebook and Instagram click ads to target geo markets, YouTube video ads overlayed in the same target markets, and Facebook Lead Generation Ads to aquire consumer email addresses.
Travel Guide Requests
YouTube Video Views
“With the help of Two Six Digital, we saw a 59% increase in website traffic year over year. This is usually a typical slow traffic period for us. The number of new visitors to the site as well as conversions reached throughout the campaign neared numbers that we typically see during peak summer months. Unique visitors to the Book a Room page almost doubled each month during the campaign. We were really ecstatic about the results the campaign produced.”
Check Out Our Blog!
- #TheGreatAmericanTakeOut March 31, 2020
- On Our Radar | April 2020 March 25, 2020
- A Tourism Digital Strategy In The Midst of a Pandemic March 21, 2020
- 5 Questions with our Newest Team Member, Scout Holaday March 11, 2020
- What’s the Scoop on the TwoSix Summit? March 4, 2020
- On Our Radar | March 2020 February 27, 2020
- 3 Ways to Make Your Company LinkedIn Profile Stronger February 17, 2020
- What is the Future of TikTok and Tourism? February 12, 2020
- State Tourism Website Traffic Analysis | Q4 February 5, 2020
- Learn More About the TwoSix Summit 2020 January 31, 2020
Sign Up for Monthly Newsletter
Digital Marketing & Helpful Resources for Virtually Surviving the Coronavirus
TwoSix Digitals Response to COVID-19: We have entered into a difficult time for digital marketing within the tourism industry. We as a TwoSix team have been actively working and brainstorming helpful ways to virtually survive the pandemic we’re in. We are closely monitoring the quickly spreading virus and will keep you updated.
COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, restaurants and stores. However the tourism industry has been impacted with destinations being shut down and travel being banned.
Our plan is to keep moving forward and the line of communication open. We have dedicated this page completely to COVID-19 for resources, living blog posts, and helpful how-to’s.
Be sure to keep updated with your state health department website for local information.