For the first time in the history of the organization, the Frankenmuth Convention and Visitor Bureau decided to adjust its marketing budget to highlight a shoulder season promotion to drive consumers to the town when additional business is needed in the months of March and April.
We developed a Spring Break themed campaign highlighting opportunities for those within a three-hour drive or less of Frankenmuth. The consumers targeted may not have the additional time or resources to travel a long distance for their spring break activities. The program featured one main comprehensive landing page, and additional content pages centered around indoor waterparks and pools at two of the destination’s anchor hotel properties, along with family-related activities that can be enjoyed during the springtime.
The campaign had several goals:
- Create overall awareness of Frankenmuth as a potential spring break location
- Website traffic to the main landing page and informational content/blog pages
- Travel guide requests
- Email acquisition for future communication through the organization’s monthlynewsletterThe campaign featured the following elements: Facebook and Instagram click ads to target geo markets, YouTube video ads overlayed in the same target markets, and Facebook Lead Generation Ads to aquire consumer email addresses.
Travel Guide Requests
YouTube Video Views
“With the help of Two Six Digital, we saw a 59% increase in website traffic year over year. This is usually a typical slow traffic period for us. The number of new visitors to the site as well as conversions reached throughout the campaign neared numbers that we typically see during peak summer months. Unique visitors to the Book a Room page almost doubled each month during the campaign. We were really ecstatic about the results the campaign produced.”
Check Out Our Blog!
- 5 Email Marketing Metrics that Matter & Tips to Improve [Infographic] January 27, 2022
- TwoSix Celebrates Plan Your Vacation Day January 24, 2022
- How to Add A Partner to Your Facebook Business Manager January 13, 2022
- Community Management Advice From Tourism Pros January 11, 2022
- On Our Radar | January 2022 January 5, 2022
- 5 Things Your Digital Marketing Strategy Needs in 2022 December 30, 2021
- Community Management Solutions For The New Year December 23, 2021
- A Guide to Making Sure Your Social Feeds Survive the Holidays December 16, 2021
Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends and learn more about best practices in the tourism industry delivered directly to your inbox each month.