TwoSix Digital is proud to work within travel, tourism, and hospitality. Our industry helps create some of humanities most cherished memories and experiences. With social media providing so much information to a potential visitor, how are you breaking through the noise? This week we are focussing on the importance of landing pages, industry trends on social media, and the power of Snapchat.
Tip of the Week: Create landing pages with useful information that inspires your audience to take action.
We have all been there. You are scrolling through Facebook, you see an ad that interests you, give it a click, and a useless page appears, making you feel very disappointed. We are disappointed because somehow the ad promised information, and the landing page did not deliver. Marketers spend tons of time (and money) developing creative campaigns, and can still fall short on the landing page. We recommend making the information as useful and ingestible as possible. Furthermore, if you have other goals (i.e. obtain e-mail subscribers, grow social media audience, etc.) make it easy for users to take action relating to your goals. An effective landing page can and should deliver the promised information and help you accomplish more than one of your goals.
Fact of the Week: More than 400 million Snaps are sent every day and 8,796 photos are shared on Snapchat every second.
With stats like these, we are anxious to see how many clients launch new Snapchat initiatives in 2017. Some of our clients such as Explore Branson use Snapchat as another social media outlet. They post unique content on the app, just like any other channel. Other hospitality organizations are dipping a toe into the Snapchat waters by creating geofilters. Read more about Snapchat trends, and let us know if you are working with this popular channel in 2017.
Noteworthy Article: 5 Ways Social Media Has Transformed Tourism Marketing
This article covers some basic yet important ideas to keep at the forefront of your mind. Here are some highlights from the article.
- How Social Media Has Changed Travel Research: When booking travel, 89% of millennials plan travel activities based on content posted by their peers online.
- How Social Media Has Facilitated Social Sharing: Over 97% of millennials share photos and videos of their travels online.
- How Social Media Has Enhanced Customer Service: When Twitter users contact a brand, more than half expect a response. If they are reaching out with a complaint, that number rises to almost 75%
- How Social Media Has Effected Travel Agencies: They are still responsible for 55% of all airline bookings, 77% of cruise bookings, and 73% of package bookings.
- How Social Media Has Changed Loyalty Programs: More than 25% of millennials that participate in loyalty programs are very likely to post about a brand in exchange for loyalty points.
Where was TwoSix This Week?
TwoSix Digital’s Senior Director of Strategy & Education, Brian V. Matson, was in Traverse City this week! He visited one of our favorite Pure Michigan destinations to deliver a series of digital marketing audits to this amazing DMO.
TwoSix Client Pic of the Week: Traverse City Tourism
Just because you need some more beautifully snow photos of Traverse City, they were selected as our TwoSix Client Pic of the week.